Friday, June 20, 2008

Hong Kong - the pictures

Hey everyone - Thanks for the comments! Here's some pictures of Hong Kong. We're leaving for Shanghai this morning, and I don't really have any reason to think I'll ever be in Hong Kong again, certainly not for business. It's really a unique place, and is notable in that it has the densest population in the world. There's over 7 million people here, and everyone lives in high-rise apartments that are just jammed together one after the other. Anyway, here's some pictures:

This is a good shot of what the apartement buildings are like - the entire city is like this. It's hard to describe how dense the population is here, but it is still safe and friendly. Got to love the former British Empire!


Allen admiring a bronze of Bruce Lee on the "walk of stars" (the waterfront in the Kowloon District looks out at down town Hong Kong). Jakie Chan lives here too, though I didn't see him taking any pratfalls or running up walls, etc. (or using either of his two facial expressions!)


Skyline by Day:


Skyline by Night:


I tried to have the "Hong-Kong-iest" breakfast I could yesterday. The result: Fried noodles and chille sauce, scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes, hashbrowns and toast. This was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had, and this plate turned out to be only round one... (needless to say I didn't have much lunch yesterday)


Ok, that's enough for now, see you in Shanghai!

Pete

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cosmopolitan breakfast, Pete! Chinese noodles, American hash browns. & good old British grilled tomatoes!
I can easily see how you enjoyed this one.
Fran

Anonymous said...

You've redeemed yourself with the breakfast picture. ;-)

That skyline picture is awesome -- I've always wanted to go to Hong Kong. Where to next? You might run into Jill!

Shelbi

Pete and Rosie said...

Wow, how did your stomach hold up after that breakfast? I sure hope those were blueberries...they look suspiciously like olives.

I like how you take pictures of your food. That's definitely not something I do.

Love ya!
-R

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Loved the Jakie Chan paragraph!! Too funny. Beautiful photos once again! Thanks for sharing! (next time I post I'll be sure to use more exclamation marks!)